Bluerithm Connect for Autodesk Construction Cloud
The Bluerithm integration with Autodesk Construction Cloud (ACC) was created to:
- Automate overlapping workflows and activities between the platforms.
- Extend and enhance the functionality of ACC by adding Bluerithm's rigorous workflows for test procedures, QA/QC, system startup activities, issue management, and managing asset data by either acting as the common data environment, or by facilitating data flow to the common data environment.
To connect a Bluerithm project to an ACC project, you will need access to an account and a profile in each platform.
In ACC, add Bluerithm as an authorized app. See Autodesk instructions.
In Bluerithm, from the [project] > Settings > Integrations page, click Connect to ACC.
You will be redirected to ACC and will log in with your ACC credentials, and then click Allow to connect ACC to Bluerithm.
If you successfully log in to ACC, you will return to Bluerithm and can follow the prompts for the connection between the ACC and Bluerithm project. Each integration feature has different settings as outlined below.
General settings to control data flow
Manual: Only syncs when manually initiated (not applicable to all integration features).
Push: Push items from Bluerithm to ACC.
Pull: Pull items from ACC to Bluerithm.
Two-Way: Two-Way Sync implements both Push and Pull.
Continuous Sync: When this option is turned on the integration will keep the items that have been pushed or pulled synchronized by periodically checking for updates between the synced items.
Current integration features
The issue sync will push and/or pull issues between the platforms. This feature uses selectable automatic sync types (push, pull, or two way), and has settings to control which issues from ACC will be pulled into the Bluerithm project.
How it works
- Issues only need to be created in one platform and the integration can keep them synchronized in near-real-time.
- The integration will attempt to automatically match issue assignees.
- If an issue ACC has an assignee, when that issue is synced to Bluerithm the issue in Bluerithm will be assigned to that person. The integration will create a profile and company if needed for the person.
- If an issue in ACC does not have an assignee (ACC does not require assignees for issues), when that issue is synced to Bluerithm the issue in Bluerithm will be assigned to the Bluerithm project leader.
- When an issue is being pushed from Bluerithm to ACC, if there isn't a matching project member for the assignee (based on email) in the ACC project, the issue will be unassigned in ACC.
- Photos and files on issues
- The integration will create a folder in the ACC project for file uploads, and subsequently folders within this default folder as needed for additional uploads. A folder is created for each issue that has file attachments to sync to avoid duplicate naming on files, which ACC does not allow. The integration also appends file names (e.g. MyFile(1).jpg) when adding to ACC to further mitigate the potential of duplicate file naming.
- If push or two way sync is used, both files and photos will be pushed to the ACC project as files and then linked to issues as references.
- If pull or two way sync is used, both photos and files will be pulled from the ACC project issues and attached to issues in Bluerithm as file attachments.
- The "Title" of issues in ACC will be overwritten with the Bluerithm issue identifier. However, the ACC issue title will be appended to the Bluerithm issue description so no information is lost.
- ACC does not support formatted text in issues or notes, so the integration will remove all markup including pasted images in the text editor, so in Bluerithm attach photos as file attachments and don't copy/paste in the editor.
- ACC issue comments do not support file attachments, so any files on Bluerithm issue comments will not be synced.
- Comments / notes on issues are pushed / pulled once and not checked for updates after that.
- It's not possible to delete an issue in ACC by deleting in Bluerithm (the "deleted" status will not sync).
Upcoming integration features
Project member import
Import project member lists from ACC into a Bluerithm project.
Various document pull & push features.
Push and pull asset lists, synchronize asset data, provide and facilitate common data environments.
Push and pull location data between ACC and Bluerithm.